Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lucy's Garden

Summer is here, which for me means time to finally start Lucy's Butterfly garden that we have been planning for almost a year now.

In my head everything is going to be so perfect and beautiful. We bought two purple butterfly bushes and planted them, because purple reminds me of Lucy, as do Butterflies. Eventually I want to fill it so full of flower that you can't see the dirt.
 
We know that the Butterflies will need an area to sun bathe and a place a for water, so we will make a puddler for them. I plan to do something meaningful with that, just not sure what yet. I found some ideas about stacking terra cotta flower pots and a terra cotta plant saucer to make a sort of bird bath shape, and then filling it with damp sand.

I really want that garden to be a place to honoring children who have been lost to abortion. I have two dear friends whom I want to honor their children in a specific and personal way-Still working on that. The other children, children of women from the Center I work at or children of women from our Recovery Group, I will probably honor in a less personal way, but either way they will be included.

Here are some Pictures: (The large bush in the back is going to be removed. So all we have for now are those two small bushes.


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I look forward to seeing how it progresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) We haven't done much yet. We are still working on making sure the rushes stay alive. We may buy some stones or something this Winter.

    ReplyDelete