Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas and Lucy

Christmas is the time of year that I really try to Remember Lucy, since December 29th is her "Heaven Day." (Thanks to Hannah, for showing me a better name for it.) Sometimes Christmas can be hard since the 29th is just 4 days after, but over the last few years, it has gotten easier.

Every year, since 2010, I have made her the same ornament. It is a purple angel. I always use a different material. The first year I used a pastel purple material and sewed it together to make a pillow ornament because the year before that we had learned to make those at school. The second year, I did a salt dough ornament because Samantha and I made salt dough ornaments. This year, I used some of the leftover wood from doing the floor. Jessie cut it out with a Skill Saw and I painted it and used a knife to carve her name and a Bible verse that reminds me the most of her-Jeremiah 29:11. The verse that got me through so much. I used it in the post abortive study that I wrote and I have it posted above my bed. Everytime I hear Jeremiah 29:11, I think how God had a plan for us all before we were born, even Lucy.

I chose purple because the same year we lost Lucy, my Papaw was shot. He was in the hospital for a very long time, and while he was in there, I made him a "Purple Heart" pillow. Purple reminds me of her because that is a color that I connect to that point in my life. And now I use it for her all the time. I even use Purple Dandelions as our symbol for the Post Abortive Ministry at the Center to Honor Lucy.

And I chose an Angel, because she is my Angel.

This year, though, Hannah, whom I met through her link to her blog at the Memorial for the Unborn, and I are swapping ornaments also. So I made one for her Luke. I did the same with hers, but used what reminds her of him. A green butterfly with Psalms 147:3 Attached to each one of the ornaments (Lucy's and Luke's) I put a paper that says:

In Memory of Luke Shiloh/Lucy Marie,
Who Lives Forever in the Heart of his/her Mom,
But Rests in the arms of the Lord.
Matthew 5:4

("Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.")

I just received mine from Hannah in the mail today. It is BEAUTIFUL! I really Love i! It is a clear ornament with purple pom poms inside. And a paper that says Lucy in Gorgeous text. It has dandelions on it. I really just Love it. It means a lot to me. Thank you, Hannah!

Hannah also sent me something for Lucy's heaven Day, but I can't open it until the 29th. I am anxious to open it. Thanks again, Hannah!

Here are some pictures.  

Lucy's 2010 Ornament and Pillow

Lucy's 2011 Ornament

Lucy and Luke's 2012 Ornaments










3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you like the term "Heaven Day." :) I love it too! It makes me feel better about acknowledging and remembering and even celebrating Luke's life on his Heaven Day, rather than "the day I had an abortion." I'm sure you know what I mean.

    All the ornaments you have made Lucy so far are gorgeous! It is so sweet that it's always a purple angel, just made out of different materials. I love why purple reminds you of Lucy...and dandelions.

    I am so glad we decided to do the ornament swap! I want to do it again next year...actually, I am thinking of doing something with an ornament swap on the new Post-Abortion website I am working on so others can get involved and have their babies honored and remembered!

    I LOVE my Luke ornament and I'm so glad you like your Lucy ornament that I made! I will treasure it always.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I do know what you mean. I know I recently told you I don't see her as "The Baby I aborted" anymore, so it is better to say that than "Abortion Date" which is what the ladies on PASS refer to it as.

    Oh yes! I would love to do it again next year! It was a lot of fun, thinking of how to make it special. That is a good idea to do it on your website. There are so few things like that specifically meant to remember aborted babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there are few things specifically for aborted babies...I hope people are able to find the website and want to participate in the things that are offered.

    ReplyDelete