Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Center Update

All is well at the Center. We have been busily preparing for this coming Spring! One of the reasons I am giving speeches at different churches is to get the word out that we will be starting our very first post abortive recovery group THIS SPRING/SUMMER!

Today I worked on my speech some more. It is 9-1/2 minutes. I have 90% of it memorized...Better get on it. Speech is Sunday! I figure I am fine though since all I have to do when I forget what's next is glance down for a second. Hey, that is what notes are for, right? I feel more prepared this time for several reasons. 1. The first time is over, and it went well. Which my fingers are crossed that it will just get better each time. and 2. Because  today I met with the woman who asked me to speak. We talked a little and I found out more about her. She found out some more about me. And she told me what to expect, all the details on what time to get there. I have to get there early so she can help me set up a table with all the information I want to give out. She told me that the church is very laid back and only has a few hundred members. It sounds a lot like mine, so I think I will be fairly comfortable there. Jessie still says he is coming, and Sam is coming for sure even if he changes his mind. She has been begging to hear me speak and she promises to sit quietly in the front if I let her go. I know that she will, so I told her yes.

Also, I asked if Jessie could record me speaking, and she said yes. But she thinks they also record the whole service and could probably send me a copy, which would be even better! 

After speaking with Vickie and preparing the rest of my speech and stuff for the table, I spoke with K. We talked about how we are going to get this group started. We are getting the Leader Binder sometime next week and we are trying to set up a time to shadow Kelli at Choices, so that we can see how group and individual counseling is run, from intake to closing papers.

Then we will start going over each lesson, one by one, and "acting" it all out. Making sure that we are both comfortable praying and reading the scriptures, knowing who speaks when and what we are going to say. Making sure we have all the materials that we need for the activities and all the papers in order. I think since we are taking the time to prepare we will be fine. But I have to say I am really nervous.

The rest of the year is in the air. We are hoping to have two groups, one in the Spring/Summer and one in the Fall. The Center Director is trying to get Amanda and me to go around to different churches, at least once a month to speak and share our services, so hopefully she will get that together soon.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Lots of exciting stuff happening at the Center, it sounds like! I pray the Lord brings who He wants there and that they find peace, healing, and closure!

    I hope you didn't have to look down at your notes too much during your speech ;)

    ReplyDelete